Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Something showed up in my field

After a few days of trying to figure out how they were going to get here, the farmer managed to drop them off in the only 40 minute window which I was away from the house (at the feed store)! Hey, does that mean we don't have to pay for them... ?


Yes, the little guys are cute now, give them a few months... they will be delicious.

Had to have another little talk with the 3 year old. "Yes hun, these are the cows, but we're going to eat the babies, okay?" took a few minutes of "We no can eat babies!! ha ha ha!" (he is 3!) before the message got through. I think we're pretty lucky our kids are moving here so young, that they get it. After he understood what I was saying we came to "We eat turkeys... and ... BABY COWS!"


And I know it's hard for some people to raise & eat their own animals, and I got a rather soft introduction living next too, but not directly involved with, these guys for 3 years. At the end of the day, I'm just happy to know my meat had a good life. It frolicked in the pasture, enjoyed the grass, and came to the end of it's life in a respectful way.


If you're going to eat meat, and you can't face your dinner, and say 'I'm sorry, but you're just to delicious to pass up'; What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment