Monday, January 2, 2012

Jan 1st, take 2

The plan was to start blogging again Jan 1st, but I was side-lined with the plague all day, so my New Years resolutions will have to be a day late.

The farm is running really well right now, so except the hundreds of little projects we have in mind for next year, I've been trying all week to come up with some real resolutions for the coming year.

  1. I will take more time out to ride the horses. Now that we've got things settled down I will take an afternoon off every now & again to go out and ride!
  2. I will try at least one really adventurous dish this year (more on that later)
  3. I will grow a kick-ass garden this year. I missed it SO badly last year when we were moving mid-season, we did grow a little something, but I am so excited for the upcoming year. The kids are really excited too, the living-room is littered with seed catalogs & the boys are helping me pick out some veggies & flower. 
I'd like to add that we're going to try to make some money this next year, but we're not expecting any profit for at least our 2nd full year. Starting a farm is a very expensive undertaking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment