Friday, September 30, 2011

More poor Di

His back leg is snapped right in half in his back cannon. Started out this morning, when I first saw it, thinking we were putting him down, so glad for the internet!! I've learned goats are very resilient, and he should heal fine if we splint it.

(It would also help if my vet clinic would ever call me back when I ask them too...)

The swollen bit on his back right is just hanging loose.

I do need four hands though so I've got to wait until hubby gets home. For now he's resting in his stall with lots of food, water & he got a little sweatfeed treat too. The break is clean and under the skin, but we'll have to see how things go.

Poor Diego, his in pretty good spirits for the pain he must be in. I'm thinking he got stepped on by one of the cows (he was in his stall already when I went to turn the horses in), or he possibly could have gotten it caught up in something, somewhere.

Update: I managed to get is sort-of-splinted on my own (it's not pretty) and we're on our way to the vet clinic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment