Monday, December 5, 2011

Cook: Short Ribs

 This was my firsts time cooking short ribs, and they were quite delicious! You have to ask for them specially from your butcher.

It's supposed to be a very fatty cut, but I didn't find them bad at all, maybe because our meat is grass finished.


I used a mixture of rosemary, thyme, s & p to season the ribs, then browned them in the pot. 


Then add a whole bunch of chopped veggies (that's onions, carrots & celery). 


And some very thick home-made chicken stock!! (was about 2 cups) 

Threw in a few of my wine-scicles (I froze some wine I didn't like a while ago, and always have it for cooking).

After that you throw the ribs back in the pot and it went in the oven at 350F for about 2 hours. They were falling off the bone and very good. Came out more like a pot roast though and I'm going to try something different for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment