Monday, January 16, 2012

Business Cards


So I had designed some very simple, but nice enough looking cards on the computer using LibraOffice. Then ran out and bought some card stock from walmart, not expensive either. So we were going to be able to produce our own business cards for a few cents plus my labour. Then I learned something about my laser printer... this model has a problem, you can't print on card stock, the ink rubs off. Which is especially bad with business cards, since they go in your pocket or wallets, outs were blank in a few weeks.

So some friends suggested we try Vista Print, and I'm so glad we did! I'd rather have gone with a local print shop, but the prices were not reasonable for our tiny business; and the big box store prices were just insane. I mostly like vista print because I was able to upload our logo with no problem.

We got 250 business cards, glossy, colour, with a map on the back for under $40 including shipping. I've got about half a dozen that aren't any good out of the bunch (wrong shade/off-cut) but for the price I'm not complaining. These cards look more professional then the ones I made, and I feel like a real business handing them out to people.

Vista Print also does tons of amazing stamps, stickers, shirts, really inexpensively (The car decals were really tempting!). It was pretty difficult just to order the business cards and not get anything else, but I wanted to see how it looked in print first.

We're going to look into having some cloth grocery bags made to go with our beef quarters, but I haven't been able to find a company that can do them at a reasonable price. Maybe I'll just buy an ink-jet and go with iron ons, we'll see (and suggestions more then welcome!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment