Monday, October 24, 2011

Egg Schedule


Blank Schedule.xlsx Excel

Blank Schedule.ods Gdocs, LibreOffice, etc.

Blank Shedule.pdf

In honor of our little EE, I have to share, some of my crazy-person digital records. The excel sheets will automatically give you 30 days of dates to fill in, you can change anything by just replacing it with your own text (egg colour for example).

I just put in the number of eggs I've collected in the corresponding boxes, and the ones momma EE are sitting on have an "x".

Keeping good records will help you determine very quickly if there are any problems in your flock. Either nutritional, or if a predator is bothering them, and you're getting a drop-off in production.

I can tell you my EEs are very prolific, but my buff is amazing! She's given us eggs 8 out of the last 9 days, while Coco (the cochin) has only given us 5 tiny little eggs in the same time.

In the next few years, I'm hoping to develop some software that would be helpful keep track of everything in a multi-species farm like ours. Reminders for worming, records for egg & meat production, and breeding. There is some software available for large farms, they are species specific and intended for big productions. I'm hoping mine will be free-use, and flexible; but don't hold your breath for a release, it's a big job.

For now, I've got my crazy-person spread sheets for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment